Web: Shaun for Winnipeg
Citizen’s Agenda Pledges
- Create a $100 million land trust to provide affordable housing for people living in bus shelters and encampments along waterways.
- Provide 1,000 jobs to Winnipegers who have trouble with employment including former gang members (Claims it will reduce policing costs).
- Replace the bike registration system with a new one to help get bikes back to people after they’ve been stolen.
- Reduce police dispatches by 10 per cent
- Create an electric bus shuttle system to request a vehicle to take you to the nearest bus stop
- Decline mayor’s monthly transportation allowance and spend it on transit tickets for non-profits. Amounts to around 8,000 trips
- Employ 25 transit peace officers; develop a new transit safety app
- Not specifically mentioned in platform, but suggests police workload reforms would affect cost of policing
- Create an approach that focuses on taking care of existing roads before creating more.
- Collaborate with federal and provincial governments to negotiate a better transportation infrastructure model
- Install 500 level two electric vehicle chargers at city-owned sites
- Place new bike lockers at civic facilities and major transit hubs
- Spend an extra $20.1 million on active transportation over four years
Compiled by Kalkidan Mulugeta
Updated Oct. 13
Civic Election Day in Winnipeg is on Wednesday, Oct. 26 Information for voters about registration and where and when to vote can be found here.